May 2016: Our Homepage is under construction!
July 2016: Background report for JRC now available
Since November 2014, BZL and E3 Environmental Consultants Ltd. (UK) produce the background report on Best Environmental Management Practice (BEMP) for the waste management sector to be used as a basis for the development of the referring Sectoral Reference Document (SRD) by the Joint Research Centre (JRC) of the European Commission in Seville. The background report is now available:
Zeschmar-Lahl B., Schoenberger H., Styles D., Galvez-Martos J.-L.: Background Report on Best Environmental Management Practice in the Waste Management Sector. Preparatory findings to support the development of an EMAS Sectoral Reference Document. Report for the European Commission's Joint Research Centre, May 2016.
- Download Background Report (external link): (pdf, 10 MB)
- Download Background Report: (pdf, 10 MB)
- More information on the JRC website.
May 2016: ISC3 presented at UNEA-2 in Nairobi
On the occasion of the UN Environmental Assembly in Nairobi at 23.05.2016, there will be a Side Event on the topic of Sustainable Chemistry which will also address the potential role and tasks of the future International Sustainable Chemistry Collaborative Centre (ISC3). Currently the BZL is part of a consortium (together with N-hoch-3 and DECHEMA), which supports the BMUB/UBA in building an International Centre of Excellence for Sustainable Chemistry (International Sustainable Chemistry Collaborative Centre - ISC3). More informations:
- ISC3 website
- UNEP website
- The project has been presented at the Sustainable Chemistry Conference 2015: the way forward on 24 and 25 September 2015 in Berlin.
- The project has been presented internationally by Barbara Hendricks, Minister for the Environment (BMUB)on a special event at the ICCM4 on October 1, 2015 in Geneva to the press and wider public.
- State of the Project and Next Steps (pdf, 1,2 MB)
- The ISC3 Homepage has been launched in December 2015.
- Members of the Advisory Council.
Login to change: