Rebecca Lahl M.Sc.
Reecca Lahl has been working for the BZL since 2014 as a research assistant.
She was involved in projects on biodiversity management and marine litter.
- A Masters degree in Integrated Natural Resource Management.(Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin, Germany)
- and a Bachelor degree in environmental sciences (Carl von Ossietzky Universität, Oldenburg, Germany).
- She has been awarded with the ‘Deutschlandstipendium’ – scholarship. She participated in the cluster ‘Sustainability and Global Justice’ working on an interdisciplinary group work on ‘Science and transformation’ at the IRI THESys (Integrative Research Institute for Transformations of Human-Environment Systems). See Project
Work experience (selection):
- Rebecca Lahl has been involved in the technical and political planning process for a marine protected area in the Antarctic as a student assistant at the Alfred Wegener Institute for Polar and Marine Research, Bremerhaven.
- She participated as advisor in the German Delegation of the Commission meeting, the Scientific Committee and Fish Stock Assessment Working Group of the Commission for the Conservation of Antarctic Marine Living Resources (CCAMLR).
- As student assistant in the institute of Environmental Physics at the University of Bremen she was involved in the research on circulations and flow paths in the North Atlantic on aresearch cruise from St. John's/Canada to Tromsø/Norway.
- Rebecca Lahl also worked as a student assistant and as an intern for the Parliamentary Group of Bündnis 90/Die Grünen, the Bundesverband Erneuerbare Energie e.V. and the Centro de Investigación Científica de Yucatán (CICY), Mérida, Mexico
- Marine governance and marine spatial planning
- Biodiversity research and monitoring
- Climate change and renewable energies and land use change
- Teschke, Brey & Lahl, 2016. Meeresschutzgebiete in der Antarktis – Fallstudie Weddellmeer In:
Hempel, Gotthilf, Ilka Hempel, and Sigrid Schiel. Faszination Meeresforschung – ein ökologisches Lesebuch.
- Lahl and Zeschmar-Lahl, 2014. Förderung der Biodiversität auf Friedhöfen - Sachstandsbericht. Published by Wiener Stadtwerke.