The BZL offers various services in the areas communication and project management.
Feel free to contact us to talk about how we can assist you:
- provide you with our know-how and prepare info materials such as our reports and presentations
- acquire relevant data for you in our fields of knowledge and publish scientific reports
- assess environmental management, practices and used technolgies of your institution
- or advise you in policy-related aspects
One focus of our service is the project control (including approval management) and the controlling of project participants. We have been active in various approval procedures for applicants, respondens or approving authorities.
- Preparation of documents for the applicant
- Implementation of coordination with the authorities
- Verification on behalf of the authorities
- Controlling of project participants.
To learn more about our services, visit the following pages, explaining our projects in the following fields:
Environmental protection is most important for us. Therefore, we support projects which are, to our opinion, environmentally compatible.
- Controlling of the sustainability project. Client: Wiener Stadtwerke
- See also BZL News for our ongoing projects
- Support of the tender for the disposal of the high-calorific MBT-fraction. Client: A Cooperative project of three public waste management companies (2003)
- Regional planning process for a site for the realization of a residual waste treatment facility. Client: Utilities association in East Germany (1999/2000)
- Support in gaining the permission under emission control law (Environmental Compatibility Investigation (ECI)) for a thermal residual waste treatment facility. Client: Public waste management company in Rhineland-Palatinate (1999/2000)
- Conceptual design of the tender for a feasibility study for an MBA, reviewing the offers and controlling of the assigned engineering office. Client: Waste management company in Northrhine-Westfalia (1998-2000)
- Conducting an evaluation for the construction of a waste treatment plant for the waste generated in an Austrian city (“process selection“) in cooperation with an Austrian partner Client: Austrian City (1999)
- Controlling the planner for the application for approval of the disposal of MBT plant residues. Client: Public waste management company in Rhineland-Palatinate (1998/99)
- Conceptual work for joint venture partners in East Germany (1997-2001)
- Procedure of application for legal water approval and investment program to modernize operations. Client: A medium-sized merchant of chemical products(1998/99)
- Representation of an environmental initiative against an approval of a chemical company to expand its production capacity. Client: NGOs (1999)
- Life Cycle Assessment (LCA)/ Material Flow Analysis (MFA)
- most of our projects are in German, see Publikationen (German website)
- Zeschmar-Lahl B.:Book Review: Practical Handbook of Material Flow Analysis, by Paul H. Brunner and Helmut Rechberger. Lewis Publishers, CRC Press LLC, Int J LCA 9 (5), 337-338, 2004
- Data acquisition and stakeholder participation: expert Interviews, focus groups, workshops, delphi method, etc.